Monday 29 July 2013

church elder Bruce's wise counsel

My dearest beautiful Amber Rose,


I am trying to remind myself of the promises in scripture, and I am trying to marry the scripture to my daily life.  I want to thank you with a sincere heart for teaching me so much wisdom and knowledge about God’s Word.  As Bruce says I need to cut off any negative thoughts as soon as they enter my mind.  I need to weed out any of the Enemy’s negative words and lies from my thoughtlife garden.  Replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts.  I need to think on ‘the good things’ in Philippians 4:8  Think about whatsoever is lovely, excellent, praiseworthy, true and of good reportage’ Thereby releasing blessings from thinking on the good things and not being down sometimes over my mother.  I do not say anymore that the Enemy is working in the relationship with my mother and I, but I declare God is working in the relationship with my mother and working in me.  If by sight I see my mother as tough, domineering and a critical parent who sometimes says hurtful words, I negate this by walking by faith and not by sight.  I see by eyes of faith not just in the natural, and by faith I see God working on my mother and changing her heart and words to me. Yes I shouldn’t feed my spirit with the hurtful words of my mother over the years, instead I feed my spirit with Jesus’ words as Jesus is the Living word of God as flesh. And Jesus is speaking the living word of God into my relationship with my mother.  I always forgive and continue to love her, not letting any root of bitterness or sorrow or resentment over her words to grow in my heart. 

As Bruce taught me with his Word from God-' Listen to Jesus' words and not my mother's words.'
Loving regards,
Julie xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment