Thursday 28 June 2012

Hello Julie
Thank you for all your emails. Just looking at the time they were sent, do you stay up all night? I can understand now why you sleep in, in the mornings. Have you always done that, or do you just not sleep very well?
To answer your email, yes it is true as you say that people these days all seem to be busy, busy, and no time for real close friendships
You are also right in saying that Christians should be more loving and caring for each other. But the thing is, neither I nor anyone else can change people just by telling them what they should do. It is a matter of them discovering just how much they are loved by God, their Heavenly Father. Once they know they are loved and special to Him, then it is easy for them to do the same and love other people. They can give out of the love that they have received.
I am glad to hear about the bible and other books you have sent to ............ I don’t think I know the Someone Cares” booklet, but I have read “Everyday with Jesus”. We can continue to pray that ...... will be impacted by them, and moved to give his heart to Jesus, while there is still time.
Yes, if you were to invite me to your place for a coffee and chat sometime, I would like to come.  As well as coming for coffee sometimes, I am more than happy to correspond by email, and enjoy hearing from you. You have sent me some of your prose in the past, and that was good.
Emails are easy, as they can be sent at any time – You seem to send yours at midnight or later J What about Yaser? Does he like to stay up late also?
Cal and I are both early birds, 10pm is about the latest for us, then we are awake about 7am – just a couple of older folk, pretty well set in our routines, J I mostly do emails after dinner at night, while Cal is watching TV.
Yes I am quite happy to pick you up for church, anytime. Just let me know. Bruce did ask me last Sunday, but Cal and I had been invited to a baptism service for two children of friends of ours. It was in a swimming pool at a friend’s place, and I wasn’t sure just when it would end. The weather was absolutely freezing last Sunday, as you would remember; so cold, wet and miserable. The two teenagers were baptised, but didn’t stay in the water any longer than they had to. They had some speeches, their Dad anointed them and blessed them afterwards, and then we all had some good hot drinks and afternoon tea to warm up with. It was a great time, meeting up with old friends we hadn’t seen for quite a while.
I have asked Gwen about writing to ...........; she has been away in Brisbane for a funeral, and is at the prison tomorrow all day, so I will find out more when I meet up with her on Friday.
Sorry we weren’t able to stay around until you had finished ministry this afternoon, but I am sure you would have been blessed, by Sharon and Wendy. Know that God loves you Julie with an everlasting love and He will never let you go! You belong to Jesus! He is the good Shepherd, and He will take good care of you.
Love and blessings
Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment